internal zip

Subject: internal zip
From: Gilbert Fernandes (gilbertf@free.fr)
Date: Wed Nov 17 1999 - 15:08:01 MST

Hello,

I'm using a PowerBook G3 with CS 1.1

I've got an internal Zip and when I boot Linux, it says the Zip is at hde

I've created a device link to /dev/hde and created a /zip directory
inside of /mnt

I can't make it to mount, can someone help?

When I mount my Mac HFS partition, I type: mount /dev/hda8 /mnt/mac
so I tried: mount -t hfs /dev/hde /mnt/zip

but the mount command says the device is read-only and then that fs type
isn't good.

I don't know how to edit /etc/fstab or /etc/mtab because I'm learning
actually. All I want is to know what to type to have the Zip disk mount,
whatever HFS or not. How can I format a Zip disk to ext2 format? is
/dev/hde and /mnt/zip a good set to put inside a device link? (I do
speak of KDE devices link)

Thanks,

--
Gilbert Fernandes