Re: G4 & Linux

Subject: Re: G4 & Linux
From: Frank M. Lazar (fmlazar@copytoneonline.com )
Date: Thu Nov 18 1999 - 10:46:16 MST

MooreIanM@exchange.uams.edu writes:
>I will be getting the oportunity to install YDL on a G4 but I will be
>running OSX can I dual boot between the 2?
>Does linux running on a G4 utilize the 128bit velocity engine!!??!!
>I've run linux on intel but i was hoping to better hardware :)
>Ian

Sort of. You'll need to have a Mac OS boot partition. You can dual boot
between OS X and Mac OS and then have a dual boot between the Mac OS and
YDL. AFAIK, Linux isn't actually functional yet on the G4 unless it's a
Yikes! machine.

Frank Lazar Technical Manager
Copytone Visual Communications
fmlazar@copytoneonline.com www.copytoneonline.com