Re: G4/400/Yikes & USB kbd

Subject: Re: G4/400/Yikes & USB kbd
From: Richard Bookman (rb@chroma.med.miami.edu)
Date: Sat Nov 20 1999 - 05:21:09 MST

Before getting a chance to try Dan's suggestion, I had uncovered on some
web page a comment about the order in which things are plugged in to the
USB ports. This was exactly what Nathan suggested in an earlier reply to
the list. I had the kbd plugged in to my 21" Apple Studio Display (sorry
to gloat), and that was plugged in to USB2. A superDrive was plugged in
to USB1. Plugging the kbd directly into USB2 seems to work. Once after I
made this change, the kbd seemed locked and was restored by unplugging
and replugging. So I'm not sure that just getting the kbd in the 'right'
USB port really solves the problem.

Running BootX 1.1.3 did not help. In fact, this was the version that I
was using from the start.

Just FYI: I've now gotten the install to run through using an extra
9.1Gb U2W SCSI drive, internally mounted and talking to an Adaptec
2940U2W card in PCI slot 2.

Does anyone know if "hda=noautotune" and 'no video drivers' are still
necessary BootX kernel arguments after the installation?

Thanks for the help,
Richard