keymap error at boot / emacs problem

Subject: keymap error at boot / emacs problem
From: Dr. Brian D. Robertson (b.robertson@ic.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Nov 24 1999 - 01:24:40 MST

While trying to make a UK keymap I noticed an error during startup, before
I had changed anything:

The XKEYBOARD keymap compiler (xkbcomp) reports:>
Error: No KeyNames named \"usb\" in the include file \"xfree86\"> Exiting>
Abandoning keycodes file \"default\"
Errors from xkbcomp are not fatal to the X server
Couldn\'t load XKB keymap, falling back to pre-XKB keymap

This sounds like it is not loading the map anyway. How can I fix this?

Also when exiting emacs I get an illegal termination error - any ideas?

I'm running YDL Champion 1.1 with the 2.2.6 kernel on a B&W G3.

Thanks,

Brian

Dr. Brian D. Robertson,
Medical Microbiology,
Imperial College School of Medicine,
St. Mary's Campus,
Norfolk Place, London W2 1PG, U.K.

Fax: 0171-262-6299 email: b.robertson@ic.ac.uk
"I have approximate answers and possible beliefs and different
degrees of certainty about different thing, but I'm not absolutely
sure about anything and there are many things I don't know anything
about, such as whether it means anything to ask why we're here..."
Richard P. Feynman (1985).