Sonnet G3 card for Starmax 400: install yellowdog?

Subject: Sonnet G3 card for Starmax 400: install yellowdog?
Chrisneilr@aol.com
Date: Wed Nov 24 1999 - 07:40:21 MST

Nov 24,

Hello,

I've never used a list like this so am not sure if I am doing this correctly,
but here goes:

I bought the CDs of Yellowdog Linux for Apple G3 and Power PC at MACWORLD
last summer. I am now running a Starmax 4000 that has been upgraded By a
Sonnett G3 L2 Processor upgrade card.
(Sonnet Cresendo G3/L2 300 MHz/512K).

The Yellow dog install icon says bootX_1.1.1.sit underneath with 1.5.1 on the
icon.

Should this work?

I am very much a Newbie at Linux, using lists, etc, although I have been
using MACS for 11 years.

In case I miss it on the list, can responders also email me directly at:
chrisneilr@aol.com

(FYI, I am a geologist who want to use the imaging/map software GMT at home,
and eventually other softwares that run on Unix).

Thanks,
Chris