Re: installation question

Subject: Re: installation question
From: John Holm (john@commandzdesign.com)
Date: Thu Nov 25 1999 - 13:10:04 MST

>> I have an external drive attached through firewire, can I install YDL on to
>the external drive?
>
>I don't think so, because Linux doesn't yet support Firewire, so it won't
>even see your Firewire drive. You might want to use your internal IDE drive
>for Linux and the Firewire drive for Mac OS.

When I was trying to install YDL CS1.1 onto a 9600/300 a few months ago, I could not get the installer to complete on an external SCSI when I went through the same install process on the internal everything worked fine - have other people had luck running on an external?

--
John Holm
john@commandzdesign.com

Command-Z Design 11 Prince Andrew Place Toronto, ON M3C 2H2

tel> 416.444.3050 ext 250 fax> 416.444.2776