How to convert from Mac text files to Linux text files??

Subject: How to convert from Mac text files to Linux text files??
From: D W (dw9901@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Nov 29 1999 - 07:51:47 MST

Hello,

While browsing the Web under MacOS w/ Netscape 4.x,
I'll, for example, select some text from a page, Cmd-C
copy it, then Cmd-V paste it into a Word doc. I'll
then save the Word doc as Text or Text w/ Linefeeds
format.

If I then reboot under Linux and mount the MacOS partition
containing the saved Word doc, then open the saved doc
with vi in a KDE terminal (kvt), vi displays all the
line feeds as: "^M" .

Is there some way I can either save text files under MacOS,
or open/read MacOS text files under Linux and have the
CR/LF's show up as CR's and not: "^M" 's ?

(I'd like to be able to save my Mac Word docs as text
and not have to run each one through some regex process if
possible).

Thanks for any help on this.