Re: ethernet cards

Subject: Re: ethernet cards
From: Ed Jaeger (ed.jaeger@bgcorp.com)
Date: Mon Nov 29 1999 - 09:14:35 MST

I had a hell of a time with my Farallon card as well. It has a Dec
21043 which the stock driver thinks it can handle, but it cannot.

My solution was to:
-Get the latest tulip driver source;
-Recompile the kernel with all ethernet card drivers as modules;
-modprobe the new modular tulip driver

No problems since. See http://lists.yellowdoglinux.com/yellowdog-general/october99/0075.html

--
Ed Jaeger, CFO, Bohlender Graebener Corporation
ed.jaeger@bgcorp.com

-- Newman & Berkowitz