Re: HippieDog (clock problem)

Subject: Re: HippieDog (clock problem)
From: chuck's list account (cglist@mac-mgrs.org)
Date: Mon Nov 29 1999 - 11:49:43 MST

>did anyone have the same problem as myself? For some weeks now, the
>time on my CS 1.1 system (B&W G3) is always set to 1-Jan-1970 at
>boot time. How come, and what can I do about it? Running MacOS, the
>sytem clock is just fine.

I had a real hard time getting my Apple Network Server to keep proper
time too. The OS gets time after a reboot from the CMOS clock. So
first you have to set the time from within the OS:

date -s 'november 29 10:50 1999'

Then set the CMOS clock from the OS time:

/sbin/clock -w

Then add this to your /etc/rc.d/rc.local so that the OS gets the time
from the CMOS clock after reboot:

/sbin/clock -s

If that doesn't solve your problem, I bet you need a new PRAM battery.

--chuck goolsbee
seattle, wa