Re: HippieDog (clock problem)

Subject: Re: HippieDog (clock problem)
From: Urs Hochstrasser (hochstrasser@cyberlink.ch)
Date: Tue Nov 30 1999 - 14:49:51 MST

Hi,

>Which kernel are you using. I've got exactly the same problem, but with
>2.2.6 it's ok, 2.2.10 isn't. Haven't tried any others. Unless you need a
>later kernel you might find switching to 2.2.6 does the trick for you. I'm
>also running on a B&W G3.

I am using the 2.2.12 kernel posted a while ago to support the ATI
128. So it may in fact be a kernel problem. I hope the new 2.2.13
kernel Dan Bucraw promised us a while ago will soon arrive (no sweat
Dan :-) )

>but I don't have /sbin/clock on my system. I have /etc/sysconfig/setclock
>but that calls /sbin/clock. It says something about /sbin/clock during
>startup, I didn't quite catch it last time, but I'd assume it's saying it's
>not there. Say something if that's not the case.

Yep, my system seems to be lacking /sbin/clock as well. But I don't
need to set the PRAM clock since it works fine in MacOS, it is just a
Linux problem.

>Am I right thinking that this sets the system clock from the PRAM clock? If
>so the absence of /sbin/clock explains things. Where can I get it from? But
>how come it works ok under the 2.2.6 kernel? It's only the 2.2.10 kernel
>that seems to have this problem. Not that it matters if I can get 2.2.10 to
>work, but as a matter of curiousity ;-)

Yep, I am curious too...

Cheers
--Urs

Urs Hochstrasser Urs.Hochstrasser@unibas.ch
Botanical Institute, Hebelstrasse 1, CH-4056 BASEL
SWITZERLAND Phone +41 61 267 23 07