Re: Invalid vmode error on bootup

Subject: Re: Invalid vmode error on bootup
From: Andrew Dacey (frugal@hfx.eastlink.ca)
Date: Thu Dec 02 1999 - 17:15:00 MST

I don't really see what the upgrade of XFree86 would do. It's an error
with the kernal arg as far as I know. Although it is right at the end of
my dmesg output so it may be coming when X is launched. Will have to try
disabling X in the start-up (or just booting into single user mode) to
see if that still produces the error. Will report back with findings. I
too have tried different modes (15-17) and all have given it. I think it
is working though in X as 15 is a slower refresh and it was really
bugging me in X whereas 16 & 17 are fine for me.

Frugal