YDL won't boot

Subject: YDL won't boot
From: John Olson! (jolson@nco.northfield.mn.us)
Date: Thu Dec 02 1999 - 19:14:25 MST

ok here's the deal. I'm trying to install or reinstall YDL on my B&W G3
rev.2, 256 mb of ram, and a 2gig linux partition. I'm installin CS1.1
from the CD and i downloaded a new vmlinux kernal 2.2.12. The set up and
install went all good and then when i rebooted i get this as a problem:

checking root filesystem
/dev/hda6: The filesystem size (according to the superblock) is 2733247
blocks the physical size of the device is 2700000 blocks
Either the Superblock or the partition table is likely to be corrupt!

/dev/hda6: UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY; RUN fsck MANUALLY.

***An error occured during the files system check
***Dropping you to a shell; the system will reboot
***when you leave the shell

Give root password for maintenance

and then my root password doesn't work so i have nothing to do but to
reboot. What's the problem here?

by the way i have a 4-button logitech USB mouse and when i installed and
it did the Xsetup deal i could click on the "do you see this" type dialog.

TIA

john

John Olson
jolson@nco.northfield.mn.us
olsonj@wartburg.edu

"I shall allow no man to belittle my soul by making me hate him."

        - Booker T. Washington