[YDL] - Installer Exit signal 11

Subject: [YDL] - Installer Exit signal 11
From: Chris Seidel (seidel@pangloss.com)
Date: Sat Oct 02 1999 - 20:35:56 MDT

I'm having trouble installing YDL 1.0 on a G3 Powerbook (circa June 1999).
I created a 1 Gig unallocated partition for Yellowdog Linux using disk
setup. Rebooted into MacOS, copied the BootX control panel and extension
into the correct places. Copied vmlinux and ramdisk.image.gz to the system
folder. When I boot into Linux with BootX everything goes ok. I get the
Welcome to Yellow Dog Linux! screen, then the select language screen.
However when I select a language (English), the installer abruptly exits
with a signal 11 error. Game over.

Since I can't get any farther than than the select language screen, I'm
baffled as to how to proceed. Any ideas?

-Chris Seidel

Dept of Molecular and Cell Biology "Information wants to be free."
UC Berkeley * Kane Lab 614 Barker Hall