[YDL] X settings for powerbookG3?

Subject: [YDL] X settings for powerbookG3?
From: Chris Seidel (seidel@pangloss.com)
Date: Sat Oct 02 1999 - 23:42:30 MDT

Hello,

Anyone have recommendations on how to configure X for a powerbook G3? I've
tried running Xconfigurator, choosing "LCD color" as monitor, and then
trying all kinds of modes, and nothing works. I've tried XFBDev as well as
Xpmac, neither work. I finally found Xautoconfig at the yellowdog site (the
current pointer ftp://ftp.yellowdoglinux.com/pub/yellowdog/devel/RPMS has
an error and should be:
ftp://yellowdog/software/devel/software/devel/RPMS/Xautoconfig-0.1-2.ppc.rpm) I
'll try it as soon as I can figure out how to get networking up and
running, but I was wondering if anyone knew of some X settings that would
work for a powerbookG3.

Any info would be great.

-Chris Seidel

Dept of Molecular and Cell Biology "Information wants to be free."
UC Berkeley * Kane Lab 614 Barker Hall