[YDL] ppp not supported?

Subject: [YDL] ppp not supported?
From: Chris Seidel (seidel@pangloss.com)
Date: Sun Oct 03 1999 - 04:14:54 MDT

After installing YDL CS1.0 on a G3 powerbook (from a CD I bought a couple
of months ago) I can't get X to work. So I'm trying to use Xautoconfig to
help me out. However to get Xautoconfig onto the system I'm trying to get a
ppp connection up and running. After spending an inordinate amount of time
figuring out that the modem is connected to ttyS0 (and not ttyS3 as for
earlier powerbooks), and typing in the chat scripts by hand from other
linux distributions I use, I get an error in the log file that this kernel
does not support PPP.

Is it true that the Champion Server 1.0 kernel doesn't support PPP? Do I
have to recompile the kernel just to get PPP? Without being able to
connectto a network I can't get any files onto my machine (I was spoiled by
netcfg).

-Chris
Dept of Molecular and Cell Biology "Information wants to be free."
UC Berkeley * Kane Lab 614 Barker Hall