PowerBook

Subject: PowerBook
From: Jim Cole (greyleaf@yggdrasill.net)
Date: Sun Oct 03 1999 - 04:32:57 MDT

Did you try doing a /sbin/modprobe ppp before hitting pppd?

For future reference on finding out where the modem is, you might want to
take a look at the output from dmesg. On my system, dmesg drops a line that
looks like...

tty00 at 0xc8305020 (irq = 15) is a Z8530 ESCC (cobalt modem)

Btw, if this is one of the new PowerBooks you might really consider picking
up/downloading a copy of CS1.1. That is what I used for my Lombard and I had
a functional system up and running in about 30 minutes.

Jim

seidel@pangloss.com's bits of Sun, 3 Oct 1999 translated to: