Perl/Gawk Programs

Subject: Perl/Gawk Programs
From: Phil Kirschner (pak1@cec.wustl.edu)
Date: Sun Oct 03 1999 - 11:50:15 MDT

Hi. I am relatively new to this linux thing, so please understand if
this sounds like a stupid question. I have programs for a class I am
in that are written in Perl and Gawk. I am used to running those
programs simply by typing their names on the unix machines here at
school, and it works because they have a #!/.../.../.../perl
statement or the like for Gawk. When I tried doing that on my YDL
box (base install) it doesn't work. Somebody told me to switch
shells from bash to tcsh or the likes, but that didn't seem to work.
Any ideas? I would greatly appreciate the help.

Phil K.

" Ill believe computers can think when you ask one question
and it replies, "That reminds me of a story. "

                -Gregory Bateson