Re: Any news on 450 G4?

Subject: Re: Any news on 450 G4?
From: jim hopper (hopperj@macconnect.com)
Date: Mon Oct 04 1999 - 14:54:47 MDT

To really do any good on G4 gcc will need to be updated to deal with
alt vec instructions. does anyone know of any work in this area?

thanks jim

>As soon as we get ahold of one of these machines we hope to support it in
>a timely manner. The same is true for the iBook. Although, said to
>currently be shipping.. they seems to be in very short supply.
>
> > Hi all, what's the latest news on the effort to get Yellow Dog Linux
> > running on the Sawtooth (450 & 500) G4s? How soon can we expect an
> > update?
> > Thanks.
> > -- Dan
> > Dionysos@Dionysia.org Daniel G. Delaney
> > www.Dionysia.org/~dionysos/
> > PGP Public Key: /~dionysos/pgp.html
> >

>Dan
>
>Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.
> Yellow Dog Linux
> "The Ultimate Companion for a Dedicated Server"
> http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/

At a recent computer software engineering course in the US, the participants
were given an awkward question to answer. "If you had just boarded an
airliner and discovered that your team of programmers had been responsible
for the flight control software, how many of you would disembark
immediately?"
                     unknown author