Re: Farallon (Dec 21143) PCI + CS 1.1

Subject: Re: Farallon (Dec 21143) PCI + CS 1.1
From: Scott Wood (scott@broadlink.com)
Date: Wed Oct 06 1999 - 18:17:14 MDT

I have the same problem on my B&W G3 with a NetGear FA-310TX (Digital 21141
chipset) using either the tulip driver compiled-in or the module and Linux
2.2.6. I also noticed that the interrupt count for the eth1 interface in
/proc/interrupts is always 0. The built-in BMAC ethernet works, but I need
to use my box as a router.

/proc/interrupts
           CPU0
  8: 0 PMAC-PIC rtc
 13: 1 PMAC-PIC ide2
 17: 0 PMAC-PIC AWACS
 18: 132 PMAC-PIC VIA
 23: 0 PMAC-PIC eth1
 26: 1212108 PMAC-PIC ide0
 28: 337844 PMAC-PIC usb-ohci
 32: 675998 PMAC-PIC BMAC-txdma
 33: 855954 PMAC-PIC BMAC-rxdma
 42: 1506485 PMAC-PIC BMAC-misc
BAD: 0 spurious or short

dmesg:
  The PCI BIOS has not enabled this device! Updating PCI command
0000->0005.
tulip.c:v0.89H 5/23/98 becker@cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov
eth1: Digital DS21140 Tulip at 0x1080, 40 00 35 05 fc db, IRQ 23.
eth1: MII transceiver found at MDIO address 0, config 1000 status 782d.
eth1: Advertising 01e1 on PHY 0, previously advertising 01e1.

The link light and 100Mbit light is on, but I cannot send or recieve
anything (ping, tcpdump.. nothing). Could this an Open Firmware thing,
since Linux complains about the PCI BIOS not having enabled the card? Just
a thought...

--
|     Scott Wood      |   Systems  Engineer  |