PowerBook 1400c Ethernet Adapter Trouble

Subject: PowerBook 1400c Ethernet Adapter Trouble
From: Dennis Murphy (dmurphy@leguin.montclair.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 06 1999 - 22:44:27 MDT

Not to write a "ME TOO!" message, but I have the exact same problem with
my PowerBook 1400c. It detects the internal 10mbit adapter, but it never
sends a thing. The RX packets are 0, with lots of dropped packets and
also lots of collisions... Not fun :-(

Any ideas, anyone?

Also -- the first time I fire up X, the entire root window, mouse cursor
included -- is blue. Everything is shaded blue. If I ctrl-alt-backspace
X, and restart it, everything's fine. Odd. :-)

---
  Dennis Murphy