Frustrating problem with Mac version of Adaptec 2940UW

Subject: Frustrating problem with Mac version of Adaptec 2940UW
From: Daniel Linsley (linsleyd@educserver.educ.csus.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 07 1999 - 13:33:47 MDT

I've been recompiling my kernel between 2->3 times a day this past week on
my PM 9500/132 trying to get the kernel to reconize the mac verison of the
2940 that I have. The 2940 works fine in macos, it shows up in the power
domain utility and I've already Flashed the card to ver. 4.1 of the
firmware.

I've tried kernels 2.2.6 -> 2.2.12 all with AHA-78xx support and it still
doesn't get detected.

The kernels all work fine, except for not detecting the 2940.

I've searched for every instance of such a case to find a solution for my
case, but haven't been able to find one that works.

Could it be the card? Or could it be the firmware of the 9500?

Thanks!

Dan Linsley
<linsleyd@educserver.educ.csus.edu>