PPPis not Pro

Subject: PPPis not Pro
From: Roy Koch (rkoch@interaccess.com)
Date: Fri Oct 08 1999 - 16:13:37 MDT

Hi I am using Linux right now sending this message! My Question is a
simple one I think? I am using a root connection to use pppd and it
works fine but I really want to be a user to prevent doing something
that might mess up my root but when I try to connect as a user I get a
message "pppd is not properly installed with the pppd binary must be
installed with SUID bit set. contact your system administrator."
BTW I am a very new System administrator!