Re: Compiling help

Subject: Re: Compiling help
From: Mark Fassler (mfassler@terraplex.com)
Date: Sat Oct 09 1999 - 11:45:21 MDT

John Olson! wrote...

> I'm new at this compiling thing, i'm trying to compile a .src.rpm file i
> downloaded. when i run the comand rpm -ba file.spec i get this error
>
> configure: error: no acceptable C++-compiler found in $PATH
> Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.78442 (%build)
>
> What's wrong, some detailed instructions would be really helpfull.

Make sure you have egcs (or gcc if you prefer) installed on your system.

Mount your cdrom, go to /mnt/cdrom/RedHat/RPMS/ and install these
packages:

rpm -i egcs-1.1.2-12e.ppc.rpm
rpm -i egcs-c++-1.1.2-12e.ppc.rpm

(This is assuming that you are running CS 1.1. There are also two more
egcs packages that you may or may not want to install. There may also be
dependencies that you have to install first.)

--
Mark Fassler
Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.