Re: Mach64 vs FBDev

Subject: Re: Mach64 vs FBDev
From: Jim Cole (greyleaf@yggdrasill.net)
Date: Sat Oct 09 1999 - 19:57:29 MDT

I am not sure what problem you stumbled upon, but you should try Dan's
suggestion. I can tell you with certainty that the frame buffer server
can work fine with the 99 PowerBooks. There have been differing opinions,
but personally, I was not impressed with the Xpmac server. Furthermore,
with the 2.2.12 kernel, which is technically "experimental" for the moment
you can get hardware acceleration out of the frame buffer server; I am
using it at the moment. You were selecting the "No Video Driver" option
with no video kernel arguments while using FBDev?

Jim

frame's bits of Sat, 9 Oct 1999 translated to: