Re: Kernel 2.2.12

Subject: Re: Kernel 2.2.12
From: jingai (jingai@earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Oct 09 1999 - 20:35:33 MDT

>Okay folks,
>
>I've put 2.2.12 kernel RPMS on the ftp site:
>ftp://ftp.yellowdoglinux.com/pub/yellowdog/kernel/2.2.12/
>
>New Features:
>
>- Rage128 framebuffer driver support; no 2d/3d acceleration yet
> (Thanks to Anthony Tong for writing this driver!)
>
>- Better USB support (built-in.. as will be featured in 2.4.x)
> * Keyboard and Mouse support
> * Printer support (USB printers that work vary)

YES!! My USB keyboard now works :) However, my Contour Designs Unimouse
still doesn't work. It is recognized and registered, but the count in
procinfo doesn't increment when I move the mouse or click buttons. It is
incremented when I press keys on the keyboard, though. /proc/misc shows
that the USB Mouse has been registered, and everything else seems all
fine and dandy, except that it doesn't actually work :) Here are the
boot messages from the USB driver:

OHCI USB Driver loading
usb-ohci: 2 root hub ports found
USB HID boot protocol mouse driver registered.
USB hub driver registered
ohci-control thread code for 0xc02a4220 code at 0xc011a690
New bus registered
usb-ohci: HC c02a4220 reset.
usb-ohci: host controller operational
USB new device connect, assigned device number 1
Found 02:09
Found 04:09
Found 05:07
parsed = 25 len = 0
Manufacturer: ALCOR
Product: macally
SerialNumber: 0001
USB hub found
hub: 3-ports detected
hub: ganged power switching
hub: part of a compound device
hub: no over current protection
hub: power on to power good time: 44ms
hub: hub controller current requirement: 100mA
hub: port 1 is not removable
hub: port 2 is removable
hub: port 3 is removable
hub: local power source is good
hub: no over current condition exists
USB hub 1: enabling power on all ports
hub: port 1 connection change
USB new device connect, assigned device number 2
USB new device connect, assigned device number 3
Found 02:09
Found 04:09
Expected descriptor 05/07, got 21/09 - skipping
 09 21 00 01 00 01 22 32 00
Found 05:07
parsed = 34 len = 0
Manufacturer: Contour Design
USB mouse found
Found 02:09
Found 04:09
Expected descriptor 05/07, got 21/09 - skipping
 09 21 00 01 01 01 22 3f 00
Found 05:07
parsed = 34 len = 0
Manufacturer: ALCOR
Product: macally
SerialNumber: 0001
USB HID boot protocol keyboard detected.
hub: port 1 reset change

Any thoughts? I'd really like to get my mouse to work.. actually, I
could've lived without my USB keyboard, but it's still nice that it does
work :)

Thanks in advance,
Jonathan