Re: Kernel 2.2.12

Subject: Re: Kernel 2.2.12
From: Dan Burcaw (dburcaw@terraplex.com)
Date: Sat Oct 09 1999 - 20:40:33 MDT

We have Contour mice running on most of our machines on this kernel
I haven't yet provided a new mouseconfig program.. so for the time
being... run mouseconfig and select "Microsoft IntelliMouse (PS/2)"
(this is the type of mouse that usb mice should be set to)..

However, since you're using mouseconfig that shipped with 1.1 that just
sets things up for the old USB system, you'll need to remove /dev/mouse
and make sure things are setup as follows:

/dev/mouse is a symlink to /dev/usbmouse
/dev/usbmouse is a symlink to /dev/hidbp-mse-0

After you've done this, restart gpm or X.. and your mouse should work!

Dan

Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.
   Yellow Dog Linux
   http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/