TurboMAX EIDE PCI Card

Subject: TurboMAX EIDE PCI Card
From: Todd Masco (cactus@hks.net)
Date: Sat Oct 09 1999 - 23:36:13 MDT

Howdy,

I recently purchased a TurboMAX IDE controller for my SCSI-based
Mac. I installed a 27 GB drive as well, hoping to use the system
as a Linux-based local network streaming jukebox.

Completely without extra driver or init, MacOS and FWB Hard Disk
tools recognizes the card as simply another SCSI chain with its
drive, while Linux (CS 1.1) doesn't see it at all.

Could anybody who has gotten the card to work give me some advice
on how to get this working? Do I just need to dig and find the
right kernel config?

Thanks,

--
Todd Masco, CTO              | CCVS payment processing software for
Hell's Kitchen Systems, Inc. |  Linux & Unix systems: www.hks.net