Re: Kernel 2.2.12-2.ppc.rpm install, woe is me!

Subject: Re: Kernel 2.2.12-2.ppc.rpm install, woe is me!
From: Bernie Mentink (ebike@paradise.net.nz)
Date: Sun Oct 10 1999 - 18:43:32 MDT

Dan Burcaw wrote:

> On Mon, 11 Oct 1999, Bernie Mentink wrote:
>
> > Thanks Dan,
> >
> > I got the file ok, I guess I tried to access it too soon after you placed
> > it, proberly accessed
> > before you set permissions.
> >
> > Most of 2.2.12 is up-and-running, I got the mouse working with the
> > suggestion you gave Evan Read,
> > however the keyboard mapping is still wrong. I tried setting the map to
> > "mac-us-ext" or "mac-us-std"
> > type "adb" but the backslash/pipe symbol key acts as a backspace and the
> > delete key doesn't act as a backspace anymore.
>
> In both cases? Are you resetting the keytable (/etc/rc.d/init.d/keytable
> restart) after you change between mac-us-ext and mac-us-std?

    Yes, not knowing how to re-initialize, I re-booted each time. Still the
same.

> > Is the above suggestions valid for a non-us iMac?
> > In the past the mapping that has worked was type "usb" and the "usb-us"
> > keymap, however like Evan this
> > screwed up the whole mapping with 2.2.12. Any suggestions Dan?
>
> No, it is no lonber "usb" and "usb-us". Now that USB is in the kernel, we
> use one keymap for ADB and USB keyboards.
>

> > Also, the USB messages have changed. The HP Deskjet printer is no longer
> > reckognised ( in name) and I get a huge printout.
> > I will post the printout at the end of this message.
>
> Can you access your printer now?

I don't know, I can not see a dev attached at startup. What do I need to do to
set it up.
I thought that with USB not seeing it, I didn't bother seeing how to make it
work.
Having seen the USB messages Dan, what do you suggest to get it going, or test
it.

Cheers,
Bernie.

--