Re: Experimental kernel

Subject: Re: Experimental kernel
From: Jim Cole (greyleaf@yggdrasill.net)
Date: Mon Oct 11 1999 - 01:59:26 MDT

Hi. I agree with most all of your points. I know the 2.2.x tree is considered
stable. I know that 2.2.12 has been around for a while. I am already using
it and have been building custom kernels for what seems like forever. My
only point is that the specific 2.2.12 kernel RPM which has been spawning
threads lately was specifically made available as "experimental" within
the context of YellowDog Linux. It was stated at the time of release that
it was not for production use. Until it is "officially" released, it seems
counter productive to clutter the general list with issues and solutions
that will likely become non-issues within a matter of days. With that said
I will now shut up and stop adding my own clutter ;)

Jim

Andrew B. Arthur's bits of Mon, 11 Oct 1999 translated to: