Re: Mouse Systems

Subject: Re: Mouse Systems
schinder@pobox.com
Date: Mon Oct 11 1999 - 12:21:51 MDT

On Mon, Oct 11, 1999 at 11:43:02AM -0400, Guillaume Marçais wrote:
} I bought a nice 3 buttons mouse from Mouse Systems, MacPoint Pro model.
} But I can't make the 2nd and 3rd buttons to work. More precisely, when I
} look at the output of xev I can see that the left button send a 'Button1'
} event, the middle button send a 'Left' event and the right button send a
} 'Right' event! The buttons and the right/left keys send the same events!!!
} I verified this with xterm: I can move the cursor with the buttons of the
} mouse. Great, but not what I expected!
}
} Is there anyway to map the button press to another event? Does anyone as
} ever made the mouse from mouse systems to work?

That's a MacX mouse. I have one; all you need to do is to build a
custom kernel with a small patch to handle it. I don't remember the
URL to the patch, but it has been mentioned on the LinuxPPC lists in
the past and you should be able to find it in the archives. IIRC, the
patch has been cleaned up to apply to 2.2.12.

}
} Guillaume.
}

--