Re: powerbook g3

Subject: Re: powerbook g3
From: Jim Cole (greyleaf@yggdrasill.net)
Date: Mon Oct 11 1999 - 18:08:45 MDT

jim hopper's bits of Mon, 11 Oct 1999 translated to:

> >jim hopper's bits of Mon, 11 Oct 1999 translated to:
> >
> > > I have a 300mhz g3. i have to install yellowdog with no graphics
> > > hardware. is there any support for the version of rage chip on the
> > > g3 powerbook?
> >The rage chip should be supported under X by both the XF68_FBDev
> its just that dragging windows around and such seems kind of slow.
> slower than on machten on the same powerbook it seems?
Ah... you were just after information about hardware acceleration. Some
where in the archive are some threads describing how to set up the Xpmac
server which does support acceleration. Also, the 2.2.12 kernel has
support for acceleration with the frame buffer server. The later should
be fairly easy to setup once the kernel and associated tools are made
official.

Jim