Re: v2.2.12 and a bronze Powerbook G3

Subject: Re: v2.2.12 and a bronze Powerbook G3
From: Jim Cole (greyleaf@yggdrasill.net)
Date: Mon Oct 18 1999 - 16:15:33 MDT

Graham Leggett's bits of Mon, 18 Oct 1999 translated to:

> I tried to install the v2.2.12 RPMs to get accelerated X on my Powerbook
> G3. I upgraded to BootX v1.1.3, I installed the RPM and booted from the
> vmlinux kernel supplied in /boot. The system booted fine but the graphic
> display didn't work properly.

Unless someone has better advice, you might want to try backing out your
BootX upgrade. I was able to boot the new kernel on the same model
PowerBook with no problems using the version of BootX that came off of
the CD (1.1.1 I think). You will want to leave "No Video Driver" checked
until you have things working correctly without acceleration. When you
reach that point, you will first need to modify your XF86Config file
and then reboot with kernel arguments defining your video mode.

Jim