Want PDF viewer that finds text

Subject: Want PDF viewer that finds text
From: Dick Benster (ribenster@home.net)
Date: Tue Oct 19 1999 - 12:06:06 MDT

[This is a repost from yesterday, monday 18-Oct-1999. The original never

showed up on the list for reasons unknown to me - Dick]

Hi,

I'm using KGhostview 0.7 to view PDF files, but it has no "find
text" (search) capability, which severely limits its usefulness for
monstrous documents. Currently I have been taking my PDF documents
over to an old NeXT machine that has a fine searchable PDF viewer from
Omnigroup, but I want this capability on Linux.

Is there an alternative for YDL linux that does text searching?

Thanks,

Dick Benster