Re: Sound on a Powerbook G3

Subject: Re: Sound on a Powerbook G3
From: Graham Leggett (minfrin@sharp.fm)
Date: Tue Oct 19 1999 - 13:13:42 MDT

Rob Comstock wrote:

> I managed to have sound working on my '99 pwr book G3 by switch
> from bootx1.1.1 to bootx1.1.3, The 1.1.3 version is located at:
>
> ftp://ftp.yellowdoglinux.com/pub/yellowdog/utilities/BootX 1.1.3.sit
>
> Don'n know why this is required but thought I saw a message to this
> effect on this list...
>
> I am using xmms to play MP3 files and it all works flawlessly!

I am using v1.1.3 of BootX, but still no sound.

I am missing the /dev/dsp device. Anyone know how to create this?

Does esd (E sound daemon) work under YDL?

> Now if we could get mouse buttons 2/3 emulation working or have
> external USB mouse support in place I would be willing to drop
> usage of my x86 laptop!

I just got my 3 button (actually 2 button + wheel) USB mouse working
great with my Powerbook by using the XF86Config file at
http://www.loomer.com/linuxppc/#lombard.

It also includes a description of how to set up both a USB mouse and the
trackpad at the same time. I haven't tried it yet, but I will...

Regards,
Graham

minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon
					over Bourbon Street