Re: RevD iMacs

Subject: Re: RevD iMacs
From: Dan Burcaw (dburcaw@terraplex.com)
Date: Tue Oct 19 1999 - 15:01:44 MDT

Ok. That's the answer. The batch of cds we sold at MW did not have support
for the newer revision keyboards found on the iMac. After MacWorld, we
mastered a new batch of cds that do work.

Please send an email to shipping@yellowdoglinux.com that details the
information you've told me and I mentioned above. We'll gladly send you a
new cd as long as you donate the current cd to a local university or linux
users group.

This goes for people that bought CDs that don't work with new iMac/B&W
keyboards or ATTO scsi cards. The shipping version of CS 1.1 to date has
both of these problems resolved from the original batch.

Regards,
Dan

> Its Champion Server 1.1
>
> I got it at Macworld NYC in July. I tried LinuxPPC Q3 as well. Didnt work.
> I've found all sorts of posts from people that have the same problem but no
> answers.
>
> P.
>
> Dan Burcaw wrote:
>
> > It should work.. just like the RevB B&Ws should work.
> > What kernel is on your cdrom? (version?)
> >
> > > So, RevD imacs? Does YDL work or not? I bought Champion Server 1.1 and
> > > my iMac's keyboard and mouse don't work. The site states iMac support.
> > >
> > > the USB stuff fails at the boot. this REALLY bums me out. the website
> > > should be changed.
> > >
> > > P.
> > >

> > Dan
> >
> > Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.
> > Yellow Dog Linux
> > "The Ultimate Companion for a Dedicated Server"
> > http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/

Dan

Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.
   Yellow Dog Linux