my mouse won't work

Subject: my mouse won't work
From: Erick Curtis (ecurt@cache.net)
Date: Tue Oct 19 1999 - 15:51:39 MDT

I have a small problem someone might be able to help me with. I have installed
the RPM kernel update, to drive my 3 button USB ContourDesign mouse.

When I reboot all I get is an error message that the kernel only understands
version 1.1 of the USB drivers and my mouse is using version1.1.6. I heard that

kernel versions 2.2.10 and 2.2.12 have the drivers for my 3 button mouse
installed in them. Is this true?

I tried installing kernel versions 2.2.10 and 2.2.12 and than my keyboard map
doesn't work correctly. Any ideas? I bought this mouse because YDL advertised
it on there web site.

If I need to update my kernel is there a place were I can get step by step
instructions on how to do that?

Here are my PowerMac's specifications

300 Mhz Blue G3
MacOS 8.6
96 Megs of RAM
6 GB hard Disk (1.5 GBs for linux and 4.5 for MacOS)
External Iomega Zip Drive (100 MB)
And a Adaptec 2940 SCSI card

Please e-mail me with any help you might have.

Thanks

ecurt@cache.net