ethernet question

Subject: ethernet question
From: Brian Olson (olson@mail.humonc.wisc.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 20 1999 - 16:09:51 MDT

Is there a way to check the connections speed and duplex settings
using yellowdog. I know that special software is required in several
instances in other distributions. I am having problems getting my
switch and my G3 B&W to talk to each other correctly and would like
to force the G3 to set full duplex 100.

B&W G3/350 with ydl
Cisco 2924-C-XL switch using auto negotiation at the moment.

Thanks in advance.
Brian Olson
Assoc. Information Processing Consultant
Dept. of Human Oncology -- Computer Support
UW Medical School
600 highland Dr. K4/546
Madison WI, 53792

EMAIL: olson@mail.humonc.wisc.edu PHONE: 262-9013/446-7304