Re: networking misconfiguration ? Pls help.

Subject: Re: networking misconfiguration ? Pls help.
From: Mark Fassler (mfassler@terraplex.com)
Date: Thu Oct 21 1999 - 12:34:16 MDT

I'm actually a little confused as to what's working and what's not by your
message.

Do you have your default route set? You should have an entry like this
in your routing tables:

0.0.0.0 192.168.0.6 0.0.0.0 UG 0 0 0 eth0

If you don't, check your /etc/sysconfig/network - you should have these
two lines:

GATEWAY=192.168.0.6
GATEWAYDEV=eth0

(This is assuming that you only have one ethernet card.)

If that doesn't work, I'm curious to know that the output of 'route -rn'
is, as well as the contents of /etc/sysconfig/network and
/etc/resolv.conf

I'm also a little confused as to what is working and what isn't (I prolly
need to read your email again...)

Note that your domain search path stuff really shouldn't affect most
things if you type in the complete domain name or IP address.

--
Mark Fassler
Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.