Repost-KPPP Modem Newbie Question

Subject: Repost-KPPP Modem Newbie Question
From: Stu Parker (srparker@home.ifx.net)
Date: Thu Oct 21 1999 - 15:18:43 MDT

Sorry if this is a repeat, the digest mode did not kick in till several
times after I sent this. Here we again:

Hardware:

Beige G3 w/ external Global Village 56k (flex ) modem
 running YDL w/ KDE x

Problem: getting modem to work in kppp

kpp control panel settings:

1) Device Tab:

Dev: /dev/cua1 (this is the only setting that will allow modem to
initialize, see below)

Flow Control: CRTSCTS (default)

Line Termination : CR/LF (default settings)

2) Modem Tab

Commands: all set to default

*************************************

When I click the query modem setting it initializes the modem and says it is
ready. It returns values of blanks though for all AT1-7 parameters???

When I launch the modem Terminal (per kpp help files) , the modem
initializes and says it is ready.

When I attempt to do a manual text entry to test modem command through the
terminal window, it will not accept any text input?!? I get a blinking input
cursor, but no ability to enter text.

Any suggestions???

TIA

Stu