2.2.12 Kernel video Woes

Subject: 2.2.12 Kernel video Woes
From: Tom Tarka (tommy@mp3.com)
Date: Sun Oct 24 1999 - 18:11:18 MDT

Dilemma:

I have an Apple 17" display on which the resize buttons don't work
(i.e. i can't resize the displayed area to fit the screen, resulting in
very tiny "screen" and lots of black space).

Currently, the displayed area actually fits my monitor almost perfectly,
but
when I upgraded to a new 2.2.12 kernel -- which actually supported my
ATI 128 Card -- I needed to run Xconfigurator and found none of the
displays to "fit" my screen.

I know there's some sort of X program that allows you to move your
"screen" around w/i your display, but the last time I tried it, it
didn't
work and I've promptly forgotten what program it was.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    tom