Re: install image

Subject: Re: install image
From: Hamlin R. Krewson (graywolf@vrac.iastate.edu)
Date: Tue Oct 26 1999 - 20:35:17 MDT

Well, I followed the MKLinux CD burning instructions. I get the
YellowDog_Install CD, just as it should be ...

>> COPYING
>> CREDITS
>> doc
>> install
>> misc
>> ppc
>> README
>> RedHat
>> RPM-PGP-KEY

but, I still get the same results. Linux kernal boots, scans/recognizes all
the drives including the CDW and starts the installer. Choose CDrom local
install option, the installer returns with "Initializing CDRom...". The
drive lights wink for about a minute, go off and then the On/Disc light
comes on. The installer does nothing. Blue screen with "Welcome to the
Yellow Dog" across the top, a few key commands across the bottom, and a
blinking cursor in the center. The only thing I can figure out is that while
the kernal can recognize the drive, the installer seems unable to
communicate with it. Gonna try swapping it with an old apple 2x CDROM drive
to see of that works.