Basic Services Setup

Subject: Basic Services Setup
From: Patrick Larkin (larkin@enter.net)
Date: Thu Oct 28 1999 - 15:19:17 MDT

Hello:

I installed YDL 1.1

Apparently, the software installed and by default, set telnet and ftp
disabled. I went into /etc/inetd.conf and uncommented the ftp and
telnet lines. I restarted and am able to telnet just fine but FTP still
doesnt work.

Before I uncommented the FTP line, I got a Server Refused Connection
message. Now, Fetch gives me:
Error: The server dropped the connection. (Server may be too busy)

>From a command line FTP, I get the message:
'Service not available, remote server has closed connection'

I dont know what to do. Was editing the /etc/inetd/conf enough? I need
FTP but I really dont need telnet. Help if you can.

P.