Re: One monitor, two computers?

Subject: Re: One monitor, two computers?
From: Sam Moore (sam@ewcreative.com)
Date: Fri Oct 29 1999 - 07:23:44 MDT

For a higher quality solution, you might look at KVM switches from
BlackBox - http://www.blackbox.com/
The setup you want'll cost you a couple hundred with cables and all, but
I've used their stuff for years in a production environment and it
performs perfectly.
BTW I also have another setup where just the monitor is shared - it's a
Sony MultiScan 500 PS and it has a little button on the front that
allows you to switch between BNC and HD15 inputs - I use the BNC input
for one machine and the HD15 for the other. No KVM needed in this case -
just an extra keyboard and mouse ;-)

--
Sam Moore * Senior Production Manager
East West Creative * (212) 951 7220

"Good and bad, happy and sad, All thoughts vanish into emptiness Like the imprint of a bird in the sky"