Re: Sorry easy question.

Subject: Re: Sorry easy question.
From: Scott Wood (scott@broadlink.com)
Date: Tue Sep 07 1999 - 15:29:33 MDT

The simplest way to recompile for PPC is to get the source RPM (.src.rpm), put it in
/usr/src/redhat/SRPMS and do:

rpm --rebuild something-1.0-1.src.rpm

and if the build process succeeds (some RPMS have limited platform support), you can:

rpm -i /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/ppc/something-1.0-1.ppc.rpm

and that's it!

If the source for the program only comes in .tar.gz format, then 'tar xvzf' it and run ./configure, then 'make' and 'make install'
usually will do the trick.

--
|     Scott Wood      |   Systems  Engineer  |