Minor problems with CS 1.1 on PB G3

Subject: Minor problems with CS 1.1 on PB G3
From: bug (bug@samizdat.net)
Date: Wed Sep 08 1999 - 03:18:17 MDT

Hello everybody,

There is a few week I installed CS 1.1 on my PowerBook G3 300 (Wallstreet)
and globaly it work nice (better than the LinuxPPC 1999 that I tried to
install earlier).

Long time Macintosh user, I'm new in the use of Linux and go very slowly on
configuring this system (but is'nt a problem). It work well on the major
things (screen, cable-modem internet connection, french azerty keyboard,
etc), but it remain for me some strange "mysteries" that I can't resolve :

- On my bootx (version 1.1.1 that I find, I think, on the YDL CD-Rom) "set
G3 cache" is not accessible (in grey). Somebody know why and is it's a
problem ?

- On KDE I can't "touch" the trash on the desktop, it's provocate a scratch
of my X server : I can only go to the directory "trash" and empty it with
the menu. I never read nothing on the list and on the french linuxppc
newsgroup on this kind of problem...

- Many people have talked of the question of emilating the Linux three
buttons of the mouse, but none of the solutions advanced work on my box. I
tried the kernel argument adb_buttons=1,103,111 (like said in the YDL
manual) and adb_buttons=103,111 (like somebody said here). I only can have
emulation with adb_buttons=54,58 but now I have no "ctrl" and "alt"
function... I use the trackpad and a "normal" Appel's ADB mouse with 1
button.

Aris (from france)