Network Problems Upon Install

Subject: Network Problems Upon Install
From: Phil Kirschner (pak1@cec.wustl.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 08 1999 - 15:50:00 MDT

Just installed YDL on a beige G3 tower. When prompted for LAN
settings, I entered all the info that was working for my machine in
MacOS. When I booted into linux, the network didn't work, and I
don't know how to remedy this. I can ping myself (ping the IP i
assigned myself) and it returns fine, so I assume that proves my
ethernet port works. ANY SUGGESTIONS? I am new to this, so I could
use any help I can get.

-Phil

" Ill believe computers can think when you ask one question
and it replies, "That reminds me of a story. "

                -Gregory Bateson