imac sound

Subject: imac sound
From: Robert M (mayro@earlham.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 08 1999 - 21:41:31 MDT

I have a few questions about imac sound. Is there any way to use the external
speakers or am I stuck with sound coming out of the internal ones. At the
moment all I can do is play CDs and make the machine beep. Is there any way of
getting other sounds (like mp3s), I have xmms but I dont get any sound when I
play files. Also where can I get precompiled kernels that work with the imac,
or the kernel sources paul mackerras has worked on since these are different
than the sources on kernel.org.
thank you, robert m