USB mouse buttons

Subject: USB mouse buttons
From: Ron Thompson (rthompson@apple.com)
Date: Thu Sep 09 1999 - 18:03:04 MDT

ARGH!
Hehe...
I swear I've been reading all the posts (I've been archiving the
messages for months), and nothing that anyone has suggested has helped
me map a keyboard key to a mouse button. (I want to press F1 or
something to make it act as a mouse click from button 2 or 3)
I've tried modifying my Xmodmap settings, tried the
adb_buttons=1,whatever,whatever, but I unfortunately don't use an ADB
mouse. (I do have the option to, I just REALLY don't want to.)
Does anyone have a solution? The next gen of Macs (G4) (which I will
surely get as soon as they come out) will not have ADB, and I love GIMP
(one of my biggest reasons for using Linux), so I must have the second
mouse button! 8-)
Please help!
  -Ron

PS, I've so far convinced about 6 people here in technical support to
try YellowDog... 8-)