Re: Bulding a new kernel was Re: PCI IDE controller

Subject: Re: Bulding a new kernel was Re: PCI IDE controller
From: Myles Vredenburg (mvredenburg@global2000.net)
Date: Fri Sep 10 1999 - 06:46:27 MDT

Bernie Mentink wrote:

> Were is the best site to get this kernel?
> Does 2.2.12 support the Contour Unimouse like the updated 2.2.6-16b does?
> Also, what advantages does it have over 2.2.6, better USB support etc?
>
> Thanks for your time,
> Bernie.

Also, 2.2.6-16bpmac, compiled from the source that ships with CS 1.1, is
stable as all get-out. However, is 2.2.6-16bpmac afflicted by the IP
fragmentation bug that allegedly afflicts all kernels <= 2.2.12? I'm
concerned because I've set up a masquerading firewall using ipchains,
and I've been told that this IP fragmentation bug renders such a beast
vulnerable.

-Myles