PCI Modem support?

Subject: PCI Modem support?
From: Jeff Ross (jeffross@vcn.com)
Date: Fri Sep 10 1999 - 11:04:05 MDT

Hi all--

This may be a little off topic, but here goes. I just bought a PCI 56k
modem at my local Circuit City for $30 to put in the Pentium box next to my
8500. Could I get another of these and put it in my 8500? Would I be able
to use it at all, either on the Mac side or the YDL side?

Why is it no one has ever put out internal modems for these PCI based Macs?
I've got 3 PCI slots in my 8500, and really nothing to put in them.

Just curious...

Jeff

P. S. Thanks to those that helped out with my pppdown script. The
suggestions solved my error, but the script still will not kill ppp0. I'll
figure it out yet! If I can narrow down just exactly what is (or what is
not) going on, I'll post a follow-up.